A genuine innovation in foodTweet
The launch of Truvia® sweetener signals the introduction of an entirely new category of sweetness and heralds a new era of choice for consumers who want an alternative to artificial sweeteners and sugar.
In a nutshell, Truvia® calorie-free sweetener:
- Has a crisp, clean taste with a unique granulated texture and crunch similar to sugar
- Is perfect for sprinkling on fruits, cereals, for use in tea and coffee (no froth) and for cooking and baking – you can view recipe ideas here: http://truvia.co.uk/recipes/
- Is great for all the family including diabetics (no impact on GI), pregnant women, children and the elderly – and it won’t rot teeth
- Is the number one stevia-based sweetener in the US, bought by over 6 million households since launching three years ago
- UK distribution partner is Silver Spoon, available in all major retailers (all the biggies, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s Tesco, ASDA etc nationwide)
- Pricing; 60 sachets – £2.49, 120 sachets – £3.99, and the 270g spoonable jar, £4.99
Stevia, a plant with sweet edible leaves native to South America, has been used for centuries by indigenous people to sweeten food and beverages. The sweet components found in the stevia leaf are up to 200 times sweeter than sugar and have no caloric content.